› Forums › Lou Board Review
- This topic is empty.
- 2020-10-13 at 07:09
About Lou Board
Lou Boards is a range of high-performance and lightweight next-generation electric skateboards. Why the next generation? Batteries are an internal part of the board, not an external underside.In addition, all Lou Boards have silent motors. This gives you amazing speed and performance while keeping mechanical noise to a minimum. You’ll appreciate nature and your city more when you’re hurtling through the streets or hills. In addition, the floor slab also moves in a simple and lightweight design. This makes them very manoeuverable. If you want to know how they compare to their competitors, check out our ZBoard review, Acton Blink Review, and WowGo Board review articles.
Lou Board Models
This is the very first and the more affordable out of the Lou Board electric skateboards range. The 1.0 board is a fun, lightweight board. You can also get it in a variety of colors such as black, blue, red, and purple. Most importantly, it is water-resistant, unlike any competitor in this price segment. The Lou Board 1.0 starts at $449 without additional customizations.
- This board is polyurethane, waterproof, very light electric skateboard.It also has a silent motor like the other plates from Lou. As a result, you can pay more attention to your surroundings than to the hum of your board motor.
- Version 1.0 had only one motor design. It can easily reach 17 miles per hour or 28 kilometers per hour. It’s also fast enough to let you cut through the wind at impressive speeds.
- The 36V/2Ah battery is also suitable for this board and lasts 6-9 miles or 10-15 km. So you can count on Lou Board 1.0 for your daily commute or entertainment purposes. In addition, the battery can be recharged in less than 2 hours. You don’t have to wait too much to get back on the board and run it again after the juice.
- However, this board does not have the most impressive tilt climb data. The board can tolerate a slope of 8-12 degrees, which makes it suitable only for street and urban commuting.
- The plate also has regenerative braking, so it’s efficient and long battery power. Its waterproof design combined with a strong grip design at the top can be brave in any weather conditions. On top of that, since it weighs only 4.8kg, you can also handle it well.
- You can also customize 1.0 because its panels are interchangeable and have a good design to replace. This also allows you to replace the battery from within the board.
Lou Board 2.0 is a 1.0 design upgrade that includes carbon fiber panels in packaging.It also makes the skateboard lighter, handles and maneuvers better, and adds some passive speed upgrades.It is exactly the same floor slab as 1.0 when it comes to specifications, apart from carbon fiber upgrades.However, you can see a summary of the statistics that are common in both 1.0 and 2.0 models.It costs about.598 dollars.
- The battery lasts 6-9 miles (10-15 kilometers) and can be recharged in less than two hours.The board also supports regenerative braking.
- Lou Board 2.0 uses a carbon fiber design that makes it lighter and more durable.The total weight of the floor slab is 4.3 kilograms, making it about.800G 1.0 lighter than the floor.
- It can climb slopes of 8 to 12 degrees.
- It has a single capacity of 1500W hub motor.
The Lou Board 3.0 is The high-end entry point. It sports a great carbon fiber design that provides better performance than its predecessors. It not only improves performance big time, but it manages to stay light and easy to ride with great stability as well.
- The Lou Board 3.0 is one of The best high performance boards. The battery and other components are hidden inside the board, and it is perfect for all kinds of weather.In addition, this board is lightweight and durable, as it is made of carbon fiber. Like the 2.0 version, the 3.0 Lou Board weighs only 5.4 kilograms, which is something worth buying.
- Unlike its predecessor, its twin hub engine is 2 X 1500W.It can provide amazing, most important, quiet and stable performance. The total power you can get out of this amazing Board is almost 3,000 watts, so performance-wise, the Lou Board won’t let you down.
- The Lou panel battery on the board has also been upgraded to 36V /3Ah, with a range of 12-15 miles or 20-25 kilometers on a single charge. This is a good upgrade over the previous model and can be used for a day without charging.
- The Lou Board 3.0 can also rise to a top speed of 35 kilometers per hour, which is perfect for city and road trips. In addition, the powerful motor also gives it the advantage of tolerating more gradients up to 15-20 degrees.
- In addition, The Lou Board 3.0 also comes with regenerative braking. This makes boards last longer and run more efficiently. You can go a whole day without recharging. The Lou Board is something you can use for entertainment or during your daily commute. It’s also easy to carry around, and you can even get your hands on this special The Lou Board backpack.
Lou Board Features and Accessories
Lou Board’s Kickstarter campaign exceeded their goal. This shows how much the public loves their boards. Here are the main features and accessories you should know when weighing in investing into a Lou board:
Lou Boards are very light. This makes them easy to operate, and you don’t have to worry about portability. In addition, materials play an important role in making Lou Boards lightweight. Lou Boards 1.0 USES polyurethane and 2.0 and 3.0 USES carbon fiber.
Its simple design makes Lou Board one of the best design boards you can find. This only eliminates the risk of damage to these components and protects the internal components from dust and water. That’s why all the Lou Boards are waterproof and fit in any weather.
Lou Boards also offer some freedom for you to customize – you can change the deck plate! Here are some accessories to keep in mind when purchasing a Lou product.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lou Board
How much does a Lou Board cost? You can get a Lou board starting at $449 for the Lou Board 1.0. You can upgrade to a carbon fiber body of the Lou Board 2.0 for another $100 on top of the Lou board 1.0. The most expensive out of the range is Lou Board 3.0 which is available for $999. What are the dimensions of a Lou Board? All the three versions of Lou boards measure the same: 66 by 26 by 13cm. What is the Weight of a Lou Board? The Lou boards are one of the most lightweight high-performance boards you can find in the market. Here are the weights of each Lou Board:
- Lou Board 1.0: 4.8kg
- Lou Board 2.0: 4kg
- Lou Board 3.0: 4kg
How long does a Lou Board’s battery last? Apart from the first two versions of the Lou Boards, you can expect a decent range to last for your daily commute.
- Lou board 1.0 and 2.0 can go up to 6-9miles or 10-15km.
- Lou Board 3.0 can go up to 12-15miles or 20-25km.
How fast does a Lou Board can go? Lou Boards are lightweight and come with either single 1500W motors or double 1500 motors like in the Lou Board 3.0. How to control the speed of Lou Board? You can use the wireless remote that comes along with your Lou board to tune its speed as per your needs. Is Lou Board waterproof? Yes, all Lou boards are IP54 water-resistant. This is because of the hidden electrical sensitive components. However, like with any other moving vehicle, its motor and movable 83mm wheels are not 100% waterproof. As a result, they may deteriorate or rust over repeated exposure to water. What is the difference between Lou Board 1, 2 and 3? There are no major differences between Lou Board 1.0 and 2.0. The Lou board 2.0 is only a board material upgrade keeping the circuitry and other features exactly the same. So, while Lou board 1.0 is a polyurethane-based electric skateboard, the Lou Board 2.0 has carbon fiber. The Lou Board 3.0, on the other hand, is a carbon fiber board that also comes with dual 1500W motors, and a better battery too. Does Lou have a weight limit? Lou board 1.0 consists of polyurethane so it is not as durable and tough as the carbon fiber on the Lou board 2.0 and 3.0. However, here are the weight limits as per official quality tests for each board:
- Lou Board 1.0 can tolerate up to 120kg or 265lbs.
- Lou Boards 2.0 and 3.0 can tolerate up to 150kg or 330lbs.
Can Lou Board be still used when the battery runs out? Yes, you can use the Lou board like a normal manual skateboard in case it runs out of battery. You need to recharge the battery before you can use the wireless remote and other functions, though. What is the warranty policy for Lou skateboards? As durable as Lou boards are, Lou board’s electrical components are under warranty for up to one year. The board is also covered against any manufacturing or quality defects for up to 2 years.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.