› Forums › Riptide Board Review
- This topic is empty.
- 2020-10-12 at 08:02
About Riptide Boards
If you’re looking for a powerful and stylish electric skateboard, there’s no better option than Riptide. Riptide starts at $599, and the Riptide R1X Premium edition starts at $799. With this price tag, they are more capable. In addition, it is easier to carry because it is light and has a handle carved into the board. You can also go to custom grip tapes for your board and take out the best of your board as your style. If you want to know about the torrent board models stacked against their competitors, check our Exway Board, Meepo Board review article.
Riptide Board Models
Riptide R1 is the first high performance variant from Riptide. The skateboard is one of the cheapest high-performance electric skateboards on the market. Although it has a modest battery capacity, you can also use it for your daily commute. The Riptide R1, which starts at $599, offers excellent performance and decent battery backup. Speaking of battery power, the Riptide R1 can travel seven miles or 11.2 kilometers on a single charge. It also depends on speed and should continue during your daily commute. Although you may need to recharge it twice a day because of its average range.
Riptide R1 Features
- Riptide R1 also offers great performance, where you can reach a top speed of up to 18 miles per hour or 28.9 kilometers per hour.Despite the high speed, sophisticated remote control, it ensures that you have complete control over your board.This precision remote control combined with a belt-driven motor makes the Riptide R1 a great choice, especially if you’re looking for a stable ride.
- Riptide R1 is also made incredibly light at around 5.9kg.It has a medium sized board of 31in x 9.5in x 4.5in.The signature fancy look of this board is a Kicktail, giving it a surfboar-like look.It also has double handles, making it more suitable for travel.
- The dual belt mechanism installed in the drive system is also adjustable.You can tighten or relax to get a better gliding and driving style.It is an 1800W drive belt motor that works to provide smooth, stable, and fast performance.In addition, the board has a comprehensive Kicktail design.This makes it easier to pick up and manipulate.
- The Riptide R1 provides a stable, vibration-free ride on its 83mm 78A rigid polyurethane wheels.Plus, the battery can be recharged in 3.5 hours and you won’t have to wait long to pick it up again.You can also get an extra quick charger to reduce charging time.
Riptide R1X is one of the best mid-range high-performance electric skateboards you can invest in. With upgraded parts and slightly altered design, you’ll definitely like this board. It comes with a DIY look board design that is both simple and stylish. Riptide R1X is the same in size as its predecessor, Riptide R1, 31in, 9.5in, and 4.5in. Sleek wood mahogany design and a weight of 14.5 pounds or 6.6 kilograms gives it a great look and portability.In addition, Riptide R1X provides space that is easier to deal with. The kick tail design further improves operation and mobility.
Riptide R1X Features
- The Riptide R1X also has an 1800W dual belt drive motor, which can reach a top speed of 22 MPH or 35.4 km/h.Its precision remote adds a layer of control and stabilizes the board.Regenerative braking further ensures that your plate is effective, stable, and stops smoothly.
- The Riptide R1X also has a large battery under the board.The battery has a range of 14 miles or 22.5 kilometers before running out of juice.So, you can spend a whole day or even two days on intensive use and your daily commute.The battery takes 5.5 hours to fully charge.
- You can also adjust its belt to prevent slipping or improve sliding needs.In addition, the 83mm 78A hardness wheel is the same as the previous Riptide R1X, with good vibration reduction effect.
Riptide Board Accessories:
You can buy accessories to go with your board or spare parts in case you need one. Here are some worthy of taking a look at:
Custom Grip Tapes
Because of its customizable nature, you can improve the look and function of your board.When it comes to customizing your board, the first thing you can change is to grab the tape.However, due to design reasons, you can only customize the front part of the board grip tape.There are 5 choices, you can get each in a fancy pattern and catchy color.These tapes start at $10.
Getting a repair and custom kit is a must when you use your torrent board regularly. Replaceable and tighten screws and belt motors. You can also repair the belt-driven train with motor kits, pulleys, bearings, and other parts. The customizability of the tidal plate gives you a variety of options and makes it easy to use as a repair kit. You can choose from the following packages:
- Belt replacement equipment
- Wheel maintenance tool
- Motor screw replacement assembly
- Auto repair kit and motor arm tightening kit
- Bearing box
- Transmission bearing repair kit
- Wheel nut set assembly
- Reinforce the truck and replace the bag
- A complete set of motor and belt drive kit.You can also get extra belt covers to protect your driveline from elements.
- Wheel replacement tool.You can customize the wheel with drive gear inserts, bearings, and wheel nuts.You can even get a limited edition white wheelset with a different look.
Electronic Parts and Battery
Complete your repair kit with an extra battery, remote control, battery pack and standard charger.In addition, you can choose a quick charger to charge your board in 90 minutes.Here are the starting prices for these parts:
- 14-mile battery: $299
- RX Remote: $55
- Quick Charger: $99
- Standard charger: $45
Apparel and Other Parts
You can also go for Riptide accessories and apparel for a whole Riptide experience. Not only can you go for a matching shirt, but also have other parts of your board ready. Here are the parts that you can get:
Riptide Deck Kit
You can get a backup deck in case your previous one has taken heavy damage or deteriorated over time. You can get this starting at $119.
The front truck is perhaps one of the most damage-prone parts of your board. Get a replacement on hand for $30.
Master Tool Kit
You can also go for a master tool kit. It has all the essential repair tools for your electric skateboard. It has tightening screws, blade cutter, heat gun, wrench and screwdrivers for your parts. The kit is available starting at $20.
RX Board Deck
In case your RX board has taken some heavy hits, go for a replacement for the Rosewood deck for $119.
Frequently Ask Question About Riptide Boards
How much does a Riptide Board cost? Riptide boards are relatively affordable when compared to other high-performance boards in this range. You can get the Riptide R1 starting at $599 and the Riptide R1X starting at $799. What are the dimensions of a Riptide Board? Both Riptide boards measure the same when it comes to size and are about 31in by 9.5in by 4.5in. How does Riptide Board work? Like other electric skateboards, you can operate the Riptide board using a wireless remote. The ease of use, handling, turning, acceleration, and stops will impress you. It is a belt drivetrain electric skateboard so it also offers better stability and handling. What is the Weight of a Riptide Board? Both Riptide electric skateboard models are lightweight. The Riptide R1 weighs about 13lbs or 5.9 kg and the upgraded Riptide R1X weighs about 14.5lbs or 6.6kg approx. How long does a Riptide Board take to charge? The Riptide R1 takes up to 3.5 hours and the Riptide R1X takes up to 5.5 hours with the standard charger. But with the fast charger available for $99, you can charge them within 90-180 minutes. How long does a Riptide Board’s battery last? The Riptide R1 Board lasts up to 7 miles or 11.2km on a single charge. Riptide R1X can last up to 14 miles or 22.5km on a single charge. How fast does a Riptide Board can go? Riptide boards can go to a great top speed between 18-22mph. The Riptide R1 can go up to 18mph or 28.9kmph. The Riptide R1X can go up to 22 miles or 35.4kmph. How to control the speed of the Riptide Board? Using the precision R1 wireless remote, you can control the board’s speed with ease and without sudden jerks. Moreover, the kicktail integrated design further gives you the ability to stop it after it is nearing braking. Is Riptide Board waterproof? The Riptide electric skateboard design is not waterproof. Exposing it intentionally to water isn’t recommended. However, if you happen to accidentally go through water, its passive water-resistant design will protect the board. What are the differences between Riptide Board R1 and R1X? There are several differences between the Riptide R1 and R1X. Not only does the R1X have a Rosewood board material, but also comes with upgrades to the essential parts. The Riptide R1X also has a better battery, a better motor, and weighs heavier than the Riptide R1, mostly because of upgraded parts. Does the Riptide board have a weight limit? Yes, like all other wooden boards, there is a weight limit required for best performance and longevity. The Riptide electric skateboards can tolerate up to 250lbs or 113.4kg. Going a bit above the limit won’t damage the board’s structure but affect its speed and battery life.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.